It’s that time of year that many of us look forward to – SUMMER!
But for some of you, summer may feel a bit dreadful because you are trying to keep everyone busy, while also enjoying the days and being productive yourself.
I’ve got you covered, mama! Today, I’m sharing a variety of blog posts that will help you have a wonderful summer. You’ll be inspired by summer activity ideas and schedules. You’ll also learn how to manage that everyday conundrum – how to handle screen time!
Summer Activities, Schedules, and Screen Time
I love the idea of putting a list together of activities for the summer. This way, you always have options if your kids are bored, or you have some unexpected free time. Creating a “Summer Bucket List” is another great way to be intentional with how you spend your time.
Check out the posts below for a ton of ideas regarding activities and fun things to do that will keep your kids busy and create family memories:
- 34+ Outdoor Summer Activities for Kids
- 34 Amazing Toddler Activities Perfect For Easy Summer Fun
- Beautiful Mermaid Coloring Pages for Kids (Free Printables!)
- 10 Cheap Summer Activities When Your Kids Get Bored of the Sprinkler
- How to Avoid “I’m Bored!” This Summer
I love the change in schedule that summer brings. The kids enjoy not having to abide to a school schedule, but it’s still beneficial to have a routine and structure for the day, in place.
Summer is a great time to experiment with giving kids more responsibility. This could look like daily chores, or a summer project like cleaning out and organizing their room.
It’s also a great time to be intentional with how you want to spend your days. If you let each day go by without a plan, summer will drift away and you can miss out on achieving goals and making family memories.
Check out the awesome posts below for inspiration on how to create a summer schedule:
- Summer Schedule For Kids – Have Fun With These Weekly Activities
- Working Parents, School Aged Kids, & Summer Routines
- 4 Important Things To Remember When Creating a Summer Schedule for Kids
- Summer Routine for Mom + Kids
Summer Screen Time
How much screen time is too much? How do you decide when your kids can use screens? Wonder if your kids watch too much YouTube or spend way too much time on video game? These have become common questions that mom’s want answers to when summer approaches.
Everyone’s household is different. There’s no “one answer fits all” approach to screen time. However, it can help to see how other’s are handling screen time in their family this summer. Once you read through the blog posts below, you can decide on the best screen time protocol for your family.
- Summer Screen Time: Six Rules Your Family Needs to Set Now
- How to set a realistic summer screen time plan for your tween
- 4 Ways to Save Your Sanity with a Summer Screen Time Strategy
- How to Manage Screen Time + Free Printable Screen Time Chart for Kids
What Will Your Summer Look Like?
I hope you found a few great ideas to implement into your summertime.
Remember, summer is also a great time to be a bit more flexible. If you put a schedule in place and it doesn’t work, just adjust it!
Last summer, I had a pretty rigid schedule for myself and I ended up feeling really burnt out and unproductive. Because I have that feedback from last summer, I’m going into this summer with a different mindset. You can learn more about the summer schedule in our family, here.
Do you have any summer activities, schedule or screen time ideas? If so, please comment below!